Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Towing Service Request for Proposal (RFP)
Benton County requests proposals from qualified companies to provide vehicle towing, storage, release of vehicles, and other related services to meet the operational needs of the Sheriff's Office and the Public Works Department.
Proposals must meet all requirements as stated in the attached Request for Proposal: Towing Services document. See "Supporting Documents" below.
Proposals must be received by the Benton County Sheriff's Office on or before 4:00pm local time, Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
Proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked "RFP - Towing Services."
Submit proposals to:
Benton County Sheriff's Office, RFP - Towing Services
Attention: Captain Chris Duffitt
180 NW 5th Street
Corvallis, OR 97333
Submitted written questions will be taken up to five days before proposals are due. Questions can be submitted by email and should be directed to Captain Chris Duffitt at: Chris.Duffitt@bentoncountyor.gov
A written response will be posted on this webpage for the benefit of all proposers.
Question: On page 16, Exhibit B, section 1, is this for department vehicles?
Answer: Yes these are for Department Tows, which is defined on page 5 of the RFP.
(Department Tow is defined as A tow of a vehicle owned and operated or serviced by Benton County.)
Question: On page 34 the last line “ CONTRACTOR declares that it does not currently employ, and will not employ any individuals for work under this contract during the term this contract is in force” It seems there might be some missing information here. Could we have some clarification on this sentence please?
Answer: The statement at the end of the contract language says,
CONTRACTOR declares that it does not currently employ, and will not employ any individuals for work under this contract during the term this contract is in force.
This only applies to companies that have an organizational structure where the owner is not an employee and there are no other employees performing the work. Under the insurance requirements, as defined in Exhibit E-Certification of Insurance, an ORS requirement for Workers’ Compensation Insurance is required for all employees of an entity. If you have no employees, there would be nobody to insure under the Workers’ Compensation requirement. This Affidavit is the entity signing and acknowledging that they don’t have any employees and that they won’t be hiring any employees under this contract during the term as defined in the contract.
Question: What was the overall call volume over the last calendar year?
Answer: Benton County is currently not able to determine the total number of contracted tows for 2022 but there were thirty-two Department Tows.