Informative SAR Links
- Hike Safe There and Back
- National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR)
- Oregon State Emergency Management Search and Rescue Association (OEM)
- OutdoorSafe – Information and Education on Outdoor Safety by Peter Kummerfeldt
- USGS Downloadable "US Topo" maps – These maps are available in PDF format in the 7.5' map series format. The PDFs include an orthoimage (aerial photo) layer. This layer can be superimposed over other layers, including the contour layer.
- USGS Store – Here you can select the individual maps for downloading using the "Map Locator and Downloader" link. Note that they are reasonably large (Corvallis 7.5' was ~21 MB), but you can select individual maps and place them into your shopping cart for a mass download. View a short tutorial on using the site as it is not very user-friendly.