Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Drones - Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS)
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office uses many tools to keep our community safe. Among them are Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS), more commonly known as drones.
This technology is useful in reducing costs and improving the safety of the public and deputies. At the same time, the use of sUAS by our agency is strictly regulated to ensure that privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties are protected.
Here is how we use sUAS in our operations:
Search and Rescue
Drones are well suited for search and rescue work because they can cover a lot of ground quickly. They can also search in areas difficult to reach. Whether looking for missing hikers or lost children, our sUAS help make our Search and Rescue operations more efficient and effective.
Traffic Crash Reconstruction
A goal in responding to traffic crashes is to clear the scene as quickly as possible for the safety of deputies and use of the roadway by the public. To do that, the scene must first be documented. The use of a drone to capture a digital, aerial view of the scene provides investigators with good data about what happened while reducing the time it takes to clear the crash.
Law Enforcement Response
In law enforcement responses, such as responding to an active shooter or an armed subject, sUAS can be used to acquire critical information on a suspect’s location without risking the lives of deputies. They are also useful in crime scene analysis, saving detectives hours of time in photographing the scene.
Information collected using sUAS is secured, retained, disseminated, and purged in accordance with Oregon law.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office use of sUAS began in 2019 when we acquired drones through a grant-funded program. As part of that grant funding, each year we provide the public with a general summary of the agency’s sUAS operations.