Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Concealed Handgun License
By Oregon law if you want to carry a firearm concealed upon your person, or concealed and readily accessible within a vehicle, you must have a concealed handgun license (CHL).
If you live in Benton County you MUST make an appointment with the Benton County Sheriff's Office to apply for your license. To schedule an appointment, call (541) 766-6606.
You will need to gather and bring all required documentation to your appointment. Follow the steps in "How to Apply" below.
- Original License: $115.00
- Renewal License: $75.00
- Transfer License: $30.00
- Transfer and Renewal License (at the same time): $90.00
- Replacement License (Address Change or Lost/Stolen Licenses: $15.00
We accept cash (exact change only), checks, credit/debit, or money order. Please make checks or money orders payable to "Benton County Sheriff's Office."
Criminal background checks are conducted on all CHL applicants as specified by law. This is to ensure applicants do not have any felony convictions, no misdemeanor convictions in the last four years, no drug offenses, no warrants for their arrest, are not in diversion, and have not been committed by the State for mental illness, among others.
How to Apply
Your application process will differ depending on whether you are applying for an original license, a renewal license, a replacement license, or want to transfer your CHL from another Oregon county to Benton County.
All forms and instructions to apply are available in the CHL Application Packet. This packet can be picked up from the main lobby of the Law Enforcement Building, 180 NW 5th Street, Corvallis, or downloaded from this website.
Learn what you must do, by clicking on the type of license you need...
Need More Information?
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call (541) 766-6606.