Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
The Civil Division prepares legal court documents for service, responds to legal civil processes, and enforces court orders in accordance with Oregon Revised Statutes and Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure.
Requirements for Civil Process
In order for the Sheriff's Office to process and serve papers, we need the following:
- Letter of instructions. A letter of instruction that includes the name, address, and any other information to help assist with serving the court documents.
- Service Fee. A check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to Benton County Sheriff's Office. Refer to the civil fees on this website for the correct fee amount.
- Certified True Copies of the Documents. We only serve legal court documents.
- Mail Documents and Service Fee to: Benton County Sheriff’s Office, Attn: Civil, 180 NW 5th St, Corvallis, OR 97330
Checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks must be payable to the Benton County Sheriff's Office. A list of fees is located below and under "supporting documents".
BENTON COUNTY SHERIFF CIVIL FEES (ORS 21.300)
(Effective July 1, 2021)
NOTICE PROCESS: summons, complaints, petitions, divorce documents, small claims, notice of restitution, subpoenas, etc.
1 or 2 parties (same address) $50
* 3 parties (same address) $84
* 4 parties (same address) $112
* more than 2 people to be served is $28 per person at the same address
EVICTION ENFORCEMENT: Writ of Execution. Note: All Others, et al, All Occupants, etc. counts as a party/tenant
1 or 2 tenants/occupants, same address ($50 +$89) $139
3 tenants/occupants, same address ($84 +$89) $173
4 tenants/occupants, same address ($112 +$89) $201
WRIT OF EXECUTION, ORDER OF ASSISTANCE and OTHER ORDERS: Fee may also include standby time,
postage, advertising costs, and other sheriff fees. $89
GARNISHMENTS: Delivery of Writ Garnishment $25
CONVEYANCE OF REAL PROPERTY: $56
(Deed, Certificate of Redemption, or other conveyance of real property)
Need More Information?
Contact our Civil Deputy at 541-766-6814. Please remember we cannot give legal advice.