Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
As a volunteer with the Benton County Sheriff's Office Auxiliary Team, you'll have the opportunity to support the Sheriff's Office in a variety of ways. You might help with a community outreach effort, an administrative project, or anywhere your skills, talent, and interest match up with a Sheriff's Office need.
Auxiliary Team members do not engage in active law enforcement activities. They are not a substitute for fully trained and certified Deputies. Rather, Auxiliary Team members help stretch resources in a supportive role.
Interested in applying? Complete and submit a Benton County Sheriff's Office (BCSO) Volunteer Application form.
More About the Auxiliary Team...
Some of the duties Auxiliary Team members have helped with include, but are not limited to...
- Setting up the speed trailer and doing speed surveys
- Staffing the Drug Take Back event
- Scanning booking files
- Conducting customer service surveys
- Distributing BCSO Annual Reports
- Helping coordinate the Sheriff's Office Citizens' Academy
- Supporting crime prevention programs
- And much more!
If you're interested in volunteering and have a particular skill or interest, check with us to see if there's a fit.
To apply, you'll need to complete and submit a Benton County Sheriff's Office (BCSO) Volunteer Application form.
You should expect to undergo a criminal background check and a detailed screening process before being accepted into the program. Any person with a felony conviction need not apply.
Orientation and Training
Once accepted into the program, you'll receive an orientation to the Sheriff's Office, go through building security screening and training, and meet the employees you'll interact with.
Depending on your duties, your training may also include attending the Sheriff's Office Citizens' Academy, Defensive Driving training, and a four-hour ride-along with a Patrol Deputy.
Need More Information?
If you're interested in the Auxiliary Team but need more information to decide if this is a good volunteer opportunity for you, contact our Recruiting and Training Sergeant at 541-766-6853.