Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Holiday Notice: The Records & Licenses office will be closed Monday, June 19th, 2023, in observance of the Juneteenth holiday.
To minimize public health risks, we have adopted measures to help limit the number of persons in our office at any given time. If the need to be here in-person arises, please call or email in advance to make an appointment. Many of our services can be completed by mail and phone with fax or email documentation when required. Masks are optional, but welcomed. Please, observe all recommended health precautions in affect at the time of your appointment and bring your own pen in the event one is needed.
We've MOVED: The Records & Elections Department has relocated our offices from the historic Courthouse to our new location in the Kalapuya Building, 4500 SW Research Way in Corvallis.
Most of the services we provide can be completed by phone, mail, fax and email. We apologize for any inconvenience this might create and ask for your patience and understanding.
A marriage licenses issued may be used anywhere within the State of Oregon. However, the license must be returned to the issuing county following the marriage ceremony.
Marriage License Application Rules and Regulations
You must present your drivers license, passport or other government issued ID to obtain a marriage license. No blood tests or physicals are required.
When applying for your marriage license, please, call our office to schedule and appointment. If no appointment is made, please, plan on arriving no later than 4:00 p.m. to allow sufficient time for the application process and understand that applicants that have made appointments will be processed first and may require that you return at a later date. We do NOT issue marriage licenses through the mail. Both parties to the couple must complete the marriage license application process IN-PERSON. There are NO exceptions.
Payment must be received at the time of application via check, cash, money order or recognized PIN debit or credit card.
You must be 18 years of age or older to obtain a license without the consent of a parent or guardian. Persons 17 years of age may obtain a marriage license by either presenting a notarized consent form or by bringing their parent or legal guardian with them when they apply. No person under 17 years of age is allowed to be married in Oregon - there are NO exceptions.
As required in ORS 106.050, we require identification sufficient to determine that each person applying for the license is eligible to be married in the State of Oregon. If a person does not have a driver's license, passport or other identifying government issued documentation the County Clerk may require a birth certificate along with other identifying documentation deemed acceptable, prior to issuing the license. If determined necessary, the Clerk may require a notarized affidavit of some person other than either of the parties seeking the marriage license attesting to the applicant's age and identity.
Marriage is prohibited when the applying parties are first cousins or nearer of kin to each other, as per Oregon Revised Statute 106.020 (2), whether of the whole or half blood, whether by blood or adoption, computing by the rules of the civil law, except that when the parties are first cousins by adoption only, the marriage is not prohibited.
Both parties must identify the legal name each will take after their marriage ceremony on the Marriage License, Application, and Record of Marriage form.
There is a three-day waiting period before the license becomes valid and the couple can get married. The waiting period can be waived for legitimate reasons; ignorance of this law or the couple just can't wait to be married are not considered legitimate reasons. The determination for the acceptance or rejection of waiver requests are made by the County Clerk or a Circuit Court Judge.
Once the license becomes effective the couple has 60 days to have a marriage ceremony performed anywhere in Oregon.
*NEW* Submit your marriage license application online, then come into our office to pay the fees and obtain the documents for your marriage ceremony. Please arrive within 30 days of submitting the online application form or the application will need to be resubmitted. We delete all application data after 30 days if the couple does not come into our office to obtain their license. PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must obtain their Marriage License in-person at the Benton County Kalapuya Building before the three-day waiting period and license period take effect.
Marriage License Fees
The fee for a marriage license in Benton County is $52; this includes a designer marriage certificate, and is payable at the time of application via check, cash, money order or a recognized PIN debit or credit card. Certified copies can be pre-purchased at the time of application at a reduced fee of $4 per certified copy. Certified copies are often needed when proof of marriage is required and are issued after the completed marriage license is returned to our office following the marriage ceremony.
The Records & Licenses Division accepts, cash, checks, money orders, Master Card and VISA Debit and Credit Cards, as well as, Discover Credit Cards. "Consumer convenience fees" are applicable to card payment options.
If you wish to schedule a non-civil marriage ceremony, we are aware of the following individuals that may be able to assist you: Non-Civil Marriage Officiant contacts