Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Holiday Notice: The Records & Licenses office will be closed Monday, May 29th, 2023, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
To minimize public health risks, we have adopted measures to help limit the number of persons in our office at any given time. If the need to be here in-person arises, please call or email in advance to make an appointment. Many of our services can be completed by mail and phone with fax or email documentation when required. Masks are optional, but welcomed. Please, observe all recommended health precautions in affect at the time of your appointment and bring your own pen in the event one is needed.
We've MOVED: The Records & Elections Department has relocated our offices from the historic Courthouse to our new location in the Kalapuya Building, 4500 SW Research Way in Corvallis.
Getting My Dog a License
Benton County dog owners must acquire a license for each dog 6 months of age or older and within 30 days of establishing residency in Benton County. Dog Licenses can be obtained by mail and phone with fax and email documentation with check or card payment.
What if I own more than one dog?
We encourage all dog owners to check local ordinance and land use laws if they care for more than one dog. This information can usually be learned by contacting the city codes compliance, law enforcement or development department. For example, the City of Albany code AMC 6.04.015, requires all dog owners of two dogs up to a maximum of four dogs to apply for an exception permit. More information can be found on the Albany website.
What if I purchased a dog license in another Oregon county prior to moving to Benton County?
If the dog owner moves to Benton County with a dog that is licensed in another Oregon county, that license will be considered valid through its expiration date or up to one year after residency is established in Benton County, whichever comes first. If the dog owner wishes to apply for a Benton County license, based on the license issued in another Oregon county, the applicant must indicate a transfer license is requested for the aforementioned term along with proof of license from the other county and payment of the applicable fee.
What are the requirements for purchasing a dog license?
- Copy of a current rabies vaccination certificate valid at the time of application.
- Documentation of altered dog, a written statement from a veterinarian that the dog has been spayed or neutered. NOTE: Sometimes this information is provided on the rabies certificate.
- The owner can call or come by this office for a dog license application or you can print out and complete the application from this Web page below. Upon completion mail or bring in the completed application, along with the required information and payment. When completing the application please PRINT for legibility.
- Make check or money orders payable to "Benton County". Please, do not mail cash.
- We are able to process, cash, checks, money orders, Master Card and VISA Debit and Credit Cards, as well as, Discover Credit Cards "consumer convenience fees" are applicable to card payment options.
Online Dog License Application Forms
The dog license application forms below are in fillable PDF format and will open in a new window.