Avery Complex Addition
Avery Complex Expansion
360 SW AveryCorvallis, OR 97333
The Board of Commissioners approved a 5,000 s.f. second story expansion to the building which complies with the 2011 Space Planning Study. The improvement will serve the needs of the department and community for at least the next 20 years. Construction began September 18, 2017.
Designer : Carlson Veit Architects
Overall Budget : $2,000,000
- Construction Contract : $1,642,780
- Contractor : Baldwin Construction
Construction : September 18, 2017 through January 31, 2018.
*This building serves Community Development, Parks and Natural Areas, and Public Works.
NOTE : Some departments will move to the Sunset Building at 4077 Research Way during construction.
Last Updated September 22, 2017
- Work began September 18, 2017
- Project was awarded to Baldwin Construction
- Bids were opened, value engineered, then awarded to Baldwin Construction
- Rebid advertised July 19, to be opened August 8
- All permits and land use obtained.
- Bid once in June but rejected bids
- Community Development moved to Sunset
- Programming is complete. Land Use submittal is pending at City. Permits are anticipated to be applied for at end of March. Beautification committee being created internally for staff input on their environment. Sustainability meeting allowed group to brainstorm what could be incorporated into design and construction. Items discussed were solar, low VOC paint and carpet, low flow/dual flow plumbing, solar tubes for natural light, recycled insulation, low reflectivity roofing, catchment of rainwater, geothermal heating, energy trust rebates altogether meeting economic, environmental, and social aspects of sustainability.
- Architect, Carlson Veit Architects, has been hired. Planning meetings with staff have occurred. Meeting with City for permitting has occurred. Funding Concept approved at BOC.