Who is responsible for the maintenance of my road?
Within Benton County, roads are maintained by a number of different agencies and are classified in the following way:
- State Roads are maintained by the Oregon Department of Transportation
- County Roads are maintained by Benton County
- City Roads are maintained by City of Corvallis, City of Philomath, City of Albany, City of Monroe,
or City of Adair Village
- Public Roads are County owned, but maintained by the residents of the road
- Private Roads are resident owned, and resident maintained
- BLM Roads are maintained by the Bureau of Land Management
- National Forest Roads are maintained by the U.S. Department of Forestry
ODOT/State Hwy roads within Benton County are:
- Highway 99W
- Hwy 20
- Hwy 34, also known as Philomath Blvd.
- Hwy 223, also known as the Kings Valley Highway
- Hwy 180, also called the Summit Highway
- Hwy 201, also called the Alsea-Deadwood Highway
If you are unsure who maintains your road, please contact Public Works at 541-766-6821.