Who is responsible for the maintenance of my road?

Within Benton County, roads are maintained by a number of different agencies and are classified in the following way:

  •           State Roads are maintained by the Oregon Department of Transportation
  •           County Roads are maintained by Benton County
  •           City Roads are maintained by City of Corvallis, City of Philomath, City of Albany, City of Monroe,
              or City of Adair Village
  •           Public Roads are County owned, but maintained by the residents of the road
  •           Private Roads are resident owned, and resident maintained
  •           BLM Roads are maintained by the Bureau of Land Management
  •           National Forest Roads are maintained by the U.S. Department of Forestry

ODOT/State Hwy roads within Benton County are:

  •           Highway 99W
  •           Hwy 20
  •           Hwy 34, also known as Philomath Blvd.
  •           Hwy 223, also known as the Kings Valley Highway
  •           Hwy 180, also called the Summit Highway
  •           Hwy 201, also called the Alsea-Deadwood Highway


If you are unsure who maintains your road, please contact Public Works at 541-766-6821.