Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
The Annual Roadside Shoulder Spraying Program
Every April, the Benton County Public Works Department begins its Annual Roadside Shoulder Spraying Program to control weeds along county roads (weather permitting). Roads are sprayed 2-4 feet from the edge of the road in order to control encroachment of plant growth on the asphalt surface. Spraying of noxious weeds and roadside vegetation, including blackberries, is done throughout the year, and extends to the far side of any ditching. For homeowners who do not want chemical sprays adjacent to their property, and who are willing to assume responsibility for controlling weeds along the roadway, a No-Spray Agreement may be entered into with the County.
The No-Spray Agreement
As a property owner/resident, you may elect to enter into an annual agreement with Benton County whereby the County will not spray herbicides along the roadway, nor along the ditchline in front of your property. In exchange, you agree to be responsible for vegetation control on your property frontage. Please read the No-Spray Letter, complete the Vegetation Control Permit form (PDF), Vegetation Control Liability Release form (PDF) and return them to the County by March 1st via mail or email. Permits must be renewed annually.
Return the completed agreement via email or mail to the following address:
Benton County Public Works
360 SW Avery Ave.
Corvallis, OR 97333-1192
No-Spray Signs must be posted by March 15th. See the sign placement diagram example (PDF).
You may notify us by phone at 541-766-6012 or email Lisa.Silbernagel@co.benton.or.us if you no longer wish to participate.
If you are interested in a modified spray program; (for example: spraying for noxious weeds but not roadside grasses) please call our office at 541-766-6012.
Please review the informational sheet listing some of the most common noxious weeds in Benton County. Your assistance in managing noxious weeds plays an important role towards environmental stewardship.