Alsea County Service District Committee
The Alsea County Service District Advisory and Budget Committee assists the Benton County Board of Commissioners on issues related to the Alsea Area.
The Alsea County Service District Advisory and Budget Committee shall assist the Benton County Board of Commissioners and shall have the following powers and duties:
- Establish rate procedures
- Provide penalties
- Amend in entirety all ordinances in conflict
- Review the Alsea Consumer Confidence Report
Meeting Times and Locations
The Budget Committee Meets annually in late spring. Public notices will be advertised in the local newspapers. Notices will also be included in the appropriate utility billing.
The Advisory Committee meetings are set at the pleasure of the Advisory Committee members and County staff.
- Alsea School, 541-487-4305
- Alsea Public Library, 541-487-5061
Members and Staff Support
Both Committees are comprised of 3 members, each with a 3 year term, and 4 staff support. Following is a list of the current members:
Budget and Advisory Committee members:
- Kelly Weist
- Cheryl VanLeuven
- Mimi K. Stout
- Laurie Starha, AIC Facilities and Utilities Manager
- Debra Wyne, Manager of Administrative Services
- George Looney, Finance Manager
- Randi Hamlet, Recorder
Read more about the Alsea Service District