The Planning Division is responsible for managing the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and administering the County's zoning regulations and long range land use planning. Professional planners, in cooperation with the Building Division, Public Works Department and Environmental Health Division, perform these tasks.
COVID-19 Safety Measures - updated as of May 24, 2020
Public Notice: Due to the Declared Emergency related to the COVID-19 Pandemic we are offering limited in-person meeting opportunities. As of May 26, 2020, the public may visit our office with a scheduled appointment. There are also options for dropping off materials in our lobby. Please call (541-766-6819) or firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
We are now accepting emailed land use applications and can accept payment from credit or debit cards over the phone.
Send the following documents to email@example.com:
Click here for more information on application submittal and forms.
Hours Open to the Public
We are available by phone (541-766-6819) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) during the following hours:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays - 8:30 A.M. to 12 P.M. and 1 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. - We are closed for lunch.
Wednesdays - 10:00 A.M. to to 12 P.M. and 1 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. - We are closed for lunch.
An in-person visit can scheduled by appointment during the following hours:
Monday through Friday 1 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.
For the following topics, please ask to speak with the associated staff:
- Regulated Floodplain - Toby Lewis
- Historic Resources - Inga Williams
- Well Pump Tests - Kristin Anderson
- Code Compliance - Rebecca Taylor
We are closed the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr., President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Planning Division Staff
- Greg Verret, Community Development Director & Planning Official
- Kristin Anderson, Associate Planner
- Toby Lewis, Associate Planner & Certified Floodplain Manager
- Linsey Godwin, Associate Planner
- Inga Williams, Associate Planner, Historic Resources Commission liaison
- Patrick Depa, Multi-Jurisdiction Planner for Benton County and the cities of Monroe, Adair Village and Philomath
- Rebecca Taylor, Code Compliance Specialist
- Ned Harris, Planning Technician
- Linda Ray, Administrative Specialist
Commissions & Committees
- Citizen Advisory Committee
- Historic Resources Commission
- Planning Commission
- Solid Waste Advisory Council
- Disposable Site Advisory Committee
Land Use Applications
Please visit our Land Use Forms & Fees page for specific land use applications and to view the application fee schedule. On average decisions are made on land use applications within two months from when a complete application is submitted. The review time can be shorter or it can be longer depending on the complexity of the application and staff workload. If you have concerns about this timeframe please contact the Planning Division at (541) 766-6819 and ask to speak with the planner assigned to your application file or with the Planner On-Call if you have not yet submitted your application.
What is Land Use Planning?
The Oregon State University Libraries and Press in collaboration with the Institute for Natural Resources have developed a Land Use Planning Online Training. This video series provides background and training about land use planning in Oregon. This training series was funded by the Oregon Coastal Management Program through a Section 306 NOAA Grant.