Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
The Planning Division is responsible for managing the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and administering the County's zoning regulations and long range land use planning. Professional planners, in cooperation with the Building Division, Public Works Department and Environmental Health Division, perform these tasks.
Starting August 1, 2022, you will need to make an appointment to submit a land use application.
Send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Land Use Applications
- Land Use Compatibility Statements (LUCS)
- Requests for research
Click here for more information on application submittal and forms.
Hours Open to the Public
We are available by phone (541-766-6819) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Monday through Friday, 8 A.M to 5 P.M.
The Planning Division customer help counter is open Monday through Friday 9 A.M. to 1 P.M. by appointment. Appointments will be scheduled on the hour at 9, 10, 11, and 12. Please phone or email for an appointment.
The lobby is open from 8 A.M. to to 5 P.M.
For the following topics, please ask to speak with the associated staff:
- Regulated Floodplain - Toby Lewis
- Historic Resources - Inga Williams
We are closed the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr., President’s Day, Juneteenth, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Planning Division Staff
- Darren Nichols, Community Development Director
- Shannon Bush, Interim Deputy Director of Operations
- Toby Lewis, Senior Floodplain Administrator, Senior Planner
- Inga Williams, Associate Planner, Historic Resources Commission liaison
- Patrick Depa, Multi-Jurisdiction Planner for Benton County and the cities of Monroe, Adair Village and Philomath
- Daniel Redick, Solid Waste Coordinator
- Linda Ray, Administrative Specialist
- James Wright, Associate Planner
- Webster Slater, Assistant Planner
Commissions & Committees
- Citizen Advisory Committees
- Historic Resources Commission
- Planning Commission
- Solid Waste Advisory Council
- Disposable Site Advisory Committee
Land Use Applications
Please visit our Land Use Forms & Fees page for specific land use applications and to view the application fee schedule. On average decisions are made on land use applications within two to three months from when a complete application is submitted. The review time can be shorter or it can be longer depending on the complexity of the application and staff workload.
What is Land Use Planning?
The Oregon State University Libraries and Press in collaboration with the Institute for Natural Resources have developed a Land Use Planning Online Training. This video series provides background and training about land use planning in Oregon. This training series was funded by the Oregon Coastal Management Program through a Section 306 NOAA Grant.