Counseling Services

The Juvenile Department now provides a limited amount of free therapeutic counseling services for clients. Youth or families interested in taking advantage of this program should speak with their juvenile counselor. Clients with health care insurance are routinely referred to private therapists in the community. Low-income clients and those covered by the Oregon Health Plan are referred to Benton County Mental Health. Benton County Mental Health does not provide direct services in most cases. They contract with Old Mill Center and the Children's Farm Home to provide therapeutic counseling.

From time to time, the Juvenile Department is able to obtain the services of a counseling student intern from Oregon State University or the University of Oregon. Graduate students majoring in counseling provide such services at no cost.