Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Benton County provides internship opportunities for students of all ages.
Student Internships: Student interns can work for school credit and/or a nominal salary in order to combine classroom theory with practical experience in the workplace.
Some departments use a pool of applicants and accept internship applications on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in a specific internship program and would like more information or you would like to submit an internship application to the pool of internship applications, please click on the departments below:
Internships at the Public Works Department
At this time the Public Works Department does not have any internship opportunities.
Internships at the Natural Areas, Parks and Events Department
The Parks Department occasionally uses interns for data gathering and special projects that either are predetermined or can be presented to the Department for review and confirmation.
Interested? Contact the Natural Areas & Parks Director, phone: 541-766-6026
Internships in Community Development
New: Sustainable Materials Management - Student Intern - Click here to learn more and apply!
Internships in the Sheriff's Office
New: Parole & Probation Case Monitor - Student Intern - Click here to learn more and apply!
A wide variety of opportunities await you in the Sheriff's Office. Interns may be trained in the following positions below.
Interns will be involved in most of the functions of Parole and Probation Officers, including investigations, caseload management, and preparing reports for court.
Interested? Phone: 541-766-6888
Interns will be trained either in the processing of inmates and the upkeep of the facility or in the education and enrichment of inmates.
Interested? Phone: 541-766-6858
See more information about internship opportunities in the Sheriff's Office, visit: https://www.co.benton.or.us/sheriff/page/volunteer-opportunities
Internships in the District Attorney's Office
Interns in the DA's Office will work with crime victims and witnesses, will help prepare subpoenas, and may possibly assist attorneys in trial preparation. More information
Interested? Contact the District Attorney, phone: 541-766-6815 or 541-766-5635, visit: https://www.co.benton.or.us/da/page/volunteer-opportunities
Internships in the Health Department
The Health Department accepts internship applications on an ongoing basis for those interested Community Health, Environmental Health and Behavioral Health. The internship program is designed to provide work opportunities and practical learning experiences for college and university students to enhance their academic preparation and expose them to public health service at the County level.
If you'd like to submit an application, please submit the Public Health Internship Application.
We encourage interns to contact us who are looking for experience in the areas of:
- Adolescent Health Promotion
- Affordable Housing/Homelessness
- Chronic Disease/Tobacco Prevention
- Coalition building and Partnership Development
- COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Environmental Health
- Healthy Communities
- HIV/STD Prevention
- Mental Health Peer Wellness
- Mental Health Promotion/Trauma Informed Care
- Outreach and Health Navigation
- Public Health Nursing
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Women, Infant and Children's Services
Community Health is looking for students who are interested in Public Health or Health Promotion. To be eligible for an internship, a student must be enrolled in an approved educational institution. Students pursing Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degrees are welcome to apply. Internships may be part-time or full-time based on requirements of the project and the student’s availability.
Interns are typically Environmental Health practicum students. You must be in your junior or senior year to qualify. Interns will be asked to complete projects involving data collection or record analysis and will write reports of their results. Interns will help inspect restaurants and septic sites and will follow up on Environmental Health complaints and possible violations.
Behavioral Health is looking for graduate student interns seeking to enhance their knowledge and develop their skills in the field of mental health. Opportunities for the school year include both direct and indirect service positions in the following programs: Adult mental health, Children mental health, and other mental health programs and Alcohol and Drug Program.
Interested? Contact the Health Department at: email@example.com or 541-766-6837.
Internships in the Human Resources Department
Please contact the Human Resources office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-766-6081.
Internships at the Benton County Fairgrounds
Interns working at the Benton County Fairgrounds will experience an exciting range of duties while assisting in carious fairgrounds planning activities and special events. Responsibilities may include:
- Event planning and marketing
- Website development and maintenance
- Volunteer coordination and recognition
- Landscape design and maintenance
- Graphic design and planning
- Campground design and operation
- Youth development programs
- Market research
- Event and clerical support for fair and other fairgrounds events.
Fairgrounds events include the annual county fair, rodeos, motorsports, horse shows, dog show, 4-H exhibits, and any array of community activities held throughout the year.
Interested? Contact the Fairgrounds Manager, phone: 541-766-6090
Internships at the Juvenile Department
The following opportunities within the Juvenile Department are available for internships:
Juvenile Department interns who work with Juvenile Court Counselors will learn techniques of social casework. They will conduct investigations and learn counseling, rehabilitation, and guidance practices. Ability to work with juveniles and effective communication skills are highly desirable.
Clerical Volunteers and Interns
Individuals who intern with the Juvenile Department's clerical support staff will learn legal terminology, the functioning of the law enforcement and court systems, as well as general office practices and the use of the state-wide Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS).
The purpose of victim-offender mediation is to provide the opportunity for offenders and victims to meet.
Interested? Contact: the Deputy Director, phone: 541-766-6064