Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Gambling Addiction Services
For most people, gambling is a form of recreation, pleasurable though not often profitable. For some, however, the pleasure of gambling has spiraled out of control. It has become a serious problem that is similar to an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. A person with a gambling disorder can't stop – even when gambling becomes destructive.
Benton County Problem Gambling Prevention Program at 541-766-6247 to request prevention or outreach services or resources.
Problem Gambling Help Line at 1-877-MY-LIMIT (1-877-695-4648)
Warning Signs of a Gambling Problem
- Preoccupied with gambling
- Secretive about gambling habits, and defensive when confronted
- Trying unsuccessfully to control, cut back, or stop gambling
- Bragging about gambling, exaggerating wins and minimizing losses
- Restless and irritable when not gambling
- Gambling to "feel better"
- Borrowing money for gambling
- Lying to hide time spent gambling or unpaid debt
- Committing crimes to finance gambling
- Frequent unexplained absences
- Chasing losses (gambling to win back losses)
- Losing work time because of gambling
- Doing something illegal to get money for gambling
- Jeopardizing a significant relationship or job by gambling
- Relying on others to bail him or her out to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling
In Oregon, help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for anyone who is worried about their gambling, and for concerned family members. Whether you want to be referred to a free treatment program, want immediate counseling or just want someone to talk to about how gambling is affecting you or someone you know, call the Problem Gambling Help Line at 1-877-MY-LIMIT (1-877-695-4648) or chat online with a certified gambling counselor at www.1877mylimit.org (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.). Trained professionals are there 24/7 to help. Treatment is free, confidential, and works.
Gambling Addiction Programs
GEAR (Gambling Evaluation and Reduction)
A confidential, educational, phone-based program to help participants steer away from potentially harmful gambling patterns – without going to a treatment center. GEAR combines phone consultation with certified counselors, workbook exercises, and referral resources to give participants the tools and motivation to make good choices about if and how much to gamble. There is no charge for GEAR and it is easy to enroll. Simply call these toll-free numbers:
- 1-877-278-6766 (24-hour help line) or
- 1-877-870-0177 (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, PST)
A qualified advisor will talk to you about your gambling to determine if GEAR is right for you.
Professionally delivered, face-to-face interventions at our agency are provided for the gambler or family member. This free treatment includes assessment, individual treatment planning, one on one counseling and/or case management sessions, group counseling, family involvement (if appropriate), and aftercare planning.
Contact us at Linn/Benton Gambling Treatment 541-967-3819 to schedule an appointment.
Residential Care and Crisis Respite Services
For those whom GEAR or outpatient treatment does not work, crisis-respite or inpatient gambling treatment is available. These interventions are more intensive in that the client resides, either briefly (crisis-respite) or for a longer period of time (residential) in a treatment facility. Individuals utilizing this level of care must be referred from an outpatient gambling treatment program and may be charged a fee.
Preventing Gambling Problems
Our services also include prevention and outreach programs such as:
- community awareness presentations
- exhibit/displays on problem gambling
- classroom presentations
- educational materials, handouts, pamphlets
- consultation to community groups
- information for parents, educators, health professionals, and others
Contact Linn/Benton Gambling Treatment at 541-967-3819 to request prevention or outreach services or resources.