Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Food Handler Training
All food service workers in the State of Oregon are required to have a valid food handler permit issued by an Oregon county health department.
Food Handler Card
All food service workers are required to have a valid food handler permit. This permit, called a Food Handler Card is valid anywhere in Oregon for three years. You need to:
Obtain and study the Food Handler booklet. You can download an English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Russian, or Vietnamese version of the booklet, check it out from the library, or come by our office for a copy.
Take the Food Handler Training and Testing. You may do this online or attend one of our classes in person at the Benton County Environmental Health office.
Food Handler Card Fee
The cost of the Food Handlers Card is $10.00. There is no charge for attending the class or taking the test, only for issuing the official card. Upon payment, the card is issued the same day as the test.
Food Handler Class Schedule
Food Handler Training and Testing is available online. However, you can also attend one of our classes in person at the Benton County Environmental Health located at the Benton County Sunset building.
English: 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Spanish: Every Friday at 1:30 p.m.
Classes are held at: Sunset Building, 4077 SW Research Way, Corvallis OR 97333
Please arrive five minutes before the scheduled class if you wish to attend.
Upon request, the written test is available in the following languages: Vietnamese, Russian, Chinese, and Korean. The video for the scheduled classes is shown in English or Spanish; however, you may take the test in another language – please let us know at the front desk before class begins.