Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
On This Page
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus, which was discovered in 2019. Coronaviruses as a group have been known to science since the late 1930's and are recognized to cause 15-30% of all winter "common colds". SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is much more serious than the common cold because it is a new strain for which most people have no immune defense.
COVID-19 infections cause a range of illness from mild, which can be treated at home, to severe enough that hospitalization is required. In most people symptoms are similar to the flu or common cold, however some people can have severe symptoms requiring hospitalization or even resulting in death. Individuals 65 years or older and those with underlying health conditions are at higher risk from COVID-19.
As of March 2023, data for Oregon shows over 960,000 cases of COVID-19, and over 9,300 Oregonians whose death was attributed to COVID-19.
If you are at higher risk, the Benton County Health Department recommends speaking to your medical provider about creating a COVID plan, which should cover your personal risk, prevention strategies, and treatment options in case you do get sick.
The COVID-19 vaccine offers excellent protection from severe illness and hospitalization. The updated, bivalent vaccine was authorized by the Food and Drug Administration in September of 2022, and teaches your body how to recognize the original and the omicron strain of the virus.
Currently, everyone 6 months and older is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Everyone 5 years or older who has not received a bivalent booster is eligible for one. For children younger than 5 the schedule varies. For more details, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The COVID-19 vaccine is available from most medical providers and other locations where vaccines are available. Many locations require appointments – reach out to the provider to make one. If you are looking for a COVID-19 vaccine, there are a few places you can check:
- Your regular medical provider.
- Supporting medical providers, like SamCare Express.
- Local pharmacies, including pharmacy counters inside of grocery stores.
If these options do not work for you please contact our health department by phone at 541-766-6835.
At-home testing kits are available over-the-counter at many pharmacies and retail locations. These test kits usually contain more than one test, and are available at no cost with most private health insurance. Laboratory testing is also available through dedicated COVID-19 testing outlets and medical providers.
Further Information and Resources
In addition to the information below, you can reach Benton County Communicable Disease by calling the COVID-19 Information Line, at (541) 766-6120.
- OHA Data Dashboards - COVID-19 Update, Benton County
- Signs and symptoms
- Who is at high risk?
- Isolation guidelines and calculator
- Treatments and medication for COVID-19