Due to the COVID-19 Virus
Benton County offices will not be open to the public
Payment options for the May 15 trimester
- UPSP: Mailed payments must be postmarked on or before May 15. 2020, Make checks payable to Benton County Tax Collector
- Use your bank's online bill pay service
- Online or by phone through the Point and Pay system (a third party payment service provider, a convenience fee will be charged) http://www.benton.or.us/finance/page/benton-county-finance-online-payment-fees
- Payments can be placed in the drop boxes located at 4077 SW Research Way or 205 NW 5th ST, Corvallis
- If you normally pay with cash, we recommend you purchase a money order, or cashier's check and mail or place in the drop box
The Department collects in excess of $100 million annually in property taxes. Tax statements are mailed in October of each year.
Full payment, with a 3% discount is due by November 15th. Taxpayers have the option of paying one third of the total amount due on November 15th, February 15th and May 15th.
- Generating and mailing of property tax statements, delinquent notices and warrants on personal property accounts
- Collection of property taxes and interest
- Adjustment of assessed taxes due to changes in value and other corrections
- Annual foreclosure of delinquent real property tax accounts
- Distribution of tax collection proceeds to over 50 taxing districts
- Sale of foreclosed properties according to Oregon law
Interested in paying your taxes online?
Mail Tax Payments to:
Benton County Tax Office
PO Box 964
Corvallis, OR 97339-0964