Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Completing Your Ballot
- Examine the ballot. Locate the candidates for each office and the YES or NO choice for each measure.
- Blacken the oval next to the candidate or response of your choice for each office or measure.
- Use a black or blue pen to cast your ballot.
- If you make a mistake in marking your ballot, place an X over the mismarked oval and fill in the oval of your preferred choice and circle that oval.
- If you damage, or lose your ballot, call the Benton County Elections Office for a replacement ballot.
- To vote for a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, mark the oval next to the blank space provided on the ballot and write in the full name of the candidate (see Write-In Candidates below).
- If you vote for more candidates than allowed, or vote both Yes and No on a measure, it is called an overvote. Overvotes will not be counted.
- You do not have to vote all contests in order to have those you voted for count.
- Do not vote for a candidate listed on the ballot AND a write-in candidate; unless the ballot states that you are allowed to vote for more than one candidate.
- Each district electing officers pays for their portion of the write-in election cost.
- Only write in someone who is qualified and who you believe would be interested in holding that office.
- Do not use nicknames. If the candidate cannot be located in voter registration files, your vote cannot be counted.
- Blackening the oval with a pen or pencil next to the write-in candidate will complete your vote.
Returning the Ballot
- The voters' statement on the back of the ballot envelope must be signed by only the voter whose name is printed on the ballot envelope. Each signature is verified.
- Place only YOUR voted ballot in the signed ballot envelope and seal it.
- Mail or deliver the signed and sealed ballot envelope as soon as possible.
(A) The ballot must be received at the Elections Office not later than 8:00 PM PST Election day; or
(B) The ballot must: (i) Have a postal indicator showing that the ballot was mailed not later than the date of the election; and (ii) Be received at the office of the county clerk not later than seven calendar days after the date of the election. (HB 3291 Effective 1/1/2022)