Register, Update, Cancel and Absentee

Register to Vote or Update Your Voting Information

You are eligible to register to vote if you are a United States citizen, a resident of Oregon and at least 16 years old. You can register:

1. Online at the Secretary of State Elections Division. An Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is required. Do not register online if you have recently changed your name.

2. Voter Registration Card SEL500. Mailed or delivered in person to any Oregon Elections Office, or at any Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles Office

Check Your Voter Registration & Ballot Status

You may check your voter registration status and ballot status at the Secretary of State's Elections website at, or contact us.

Absentee Voting

Military and out of country ballots are sent 45 days before each election. Out of state ballots are sent 29 days before each election. Snowbirds and students that are out of the area part of the year should plan carefully. Unless you tell us where you will be during upcoming elections your ballot may not reach you. Your ballots will be mailed to where you can receive them.

Absentee Application Forms

1. Federal Post Card Application (FPCA): For members of the military, spouses of active military personnel, dependents of active military personnel and US citizens residing out of the country. You may also register and/or provide your absentee address online if you have an an Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and have not changed your name.

Please note that only military and overseas voters that have submitted their voter registration and absentee application successfully can have access to balloting materials online at My Vote. Mark your ballot, print, sign and return your balloting materials to Benton County Elections Office as email attachments no later than 8:00 PM PST on Election Day. Please include your full name on the subject line when returning your ballot materials.

2. Absentee Application Form: For registered voters who are not military or overseas. If you are not already registered, please follow registration instructions on top of this page. You may also provide your absentee address online if you have an Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

If you are unsure of your registration status, check online at the Secretary of State Elections or contact us.

Cancel Your Voter Registration

Voters who are moving out of Oregon or who wish to cancel their voter registration for any other reason can do so by filling out the Voter Cancellation Form (PDF) and delivering it to the Benton County Elections Office in person, by mail, fax or as an e-mail attachment.

Canceling your voter registration will not keep you from being chosen to serve on a jury. Jury lists are also obtained from Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles.