A History of the Benton County Courthouse

Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow

Circa 1854 - Only photo the the first courthouse as built by George Wren
Circa 1860 First courthouse with Cupola Added in Greek Revival style
Circa 1887 Stonemasons constructing basement of 2nd courthouse
July 4, 1888 Courthouse dedication southwest corner of 4th & Adams St.
Photo of old Presbyterian Church in background of Eugene Fireman's Band
Photo of statue of Themas without her blindfold
1897 Photo of courthouse with original jail, chimneys, metal work, and fence
1905 photo of County Clerk Victor Moses in his office
1906 Photo of original trees cut around courthouse
Circa 1908 Photo of encampment of Grand Old Army reunion
Circa 1911 Photo of people sitting on the courthouse steps