Phase 1a Group 4
Group 4 includes, but is not limited to:
- All other outpatient settings that weren’t covered in previous groups
- Public health workers
- Early learning sites
- Death care workers
Please see below for more specific information on who is included in Group 4.
Under Oregon Health Authority's guidance, Group 4 (all other outpatient, public health, early learning sites and death care workers) includes:
- All other paid and unpaid HCP who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to residents or infectious materials serving in outpatient settings, including but not limited to:
- HCP serving in ambulatory surgery centers and outpatient infusion centers.
- HCP providing out-patient physical, oral/dental health, addiction, mental health; veterinary care; laboratory, pharmacy, phlebotomy services.
- HCP providing integrative health services, including but not limited to chiropractic, naturopathic, massage and acupuncture services.
- School nurses, school-based health care center HCP and student health center HCP.
- HCP who provide direct service, including testing (e.g., public health, emergency response teams, community pharmacy partners and community-based organization staff).
- HCP providing services with blood donation organizations.
- HCP/direct care personnel not included above who provide direct service to people with I/DD and other high-risk populations.
- HCP serving in other public health or early learning settings.
- Includes HCP serving in WIC, Head Start sites and providing Home Visiting services.
- Death care workers – includes state and county medical examiners, autopsy technicians, forensic administrators, forensic anthropologists, medical-legal death investigators, morticians, funeral home workers and other death care professionals who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to infectious materials.
- Traditional Health Workers20 and Health Care Interpreters not captured in earlier Groups.
- HCP providing culturally specific health care services in any of these settings, including tribal-based practices.
20 Includes all THWs beyond those captured in Tier 1.2, as defined in ORS 410-180-0305. For more information about Traditional Health Workers, see https://www.oregon.gov/oha/OEI/Pages/About-Traditional-Health-Workers.aspx