Phase 1a Group 1
Group 1 includes, but is not limited to:
- Health care personnel (HCP) working in:
- Emergency medical services
- Urgent care settings
- Skilled nursing and memory care facilities
- Tribal health programs
- First responders
- Residents of skilled nursing and memory care facilities
Please see below for more specific information on who is included in Group 1.
Under Oregon Health Authority's guidance, Group 1 (hospitals, urgent care, skilled nursing and memory care facility HCP and residents; tribal health programs; EMS providers and other first responders) includes:
- All paid and unpaid HCP serving in a hospital, hospital satellite (e.g., freestanding emergency department) or urgent care clinic who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials.
- For the purposes of this plan, a hospital is defined as a general hospital, low occupancy acute care hospital, acute care psychiatric hospital, hospital satellite, or a special inpatient care facility (SICF)7.
- All residents8 plus all paid and unpaid persons providing care or other services who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to residents or infectious materials serving in a skilled nursing facility9 or memory care facility10.
- All paid and unpaid HCP who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to residents or infectious materials serving at Tribal Health Programs for tribes who have chosen to receive the state vaccine allocation.
- Emergency Medical Services Providers11 and other first responders12.
- Traditional Health Workers13 and Health Care Interpreters working in any of the settings above.
- HCP providing culturally specific health care services in any of these settings, including tribal-based practices.
7 Includes the Children’s Farm Home.
8 “Resident” means any individual residing in a facility who receives residential care, treatment or training as defined in purposes of ORS 443.400 to 443.455.
9 “Skilled nursing facility” has the meaning given that term in ORS 442.015 and means “a facility or a distinct part of a facility, that is primarily engaged in providing to inpatients skilled nursing care and related services for patients who require medical or nursing care, or an institution that provides rehabilitation services for the rehabilitation of individuals who are injured or sick or who have disabilities.”
10 Memory care facility means a residential care, assisted living, or nursing facility that offers or provides care to residents with dementias in a memory care community and who has obtained an endorsement on its facility license from the Oregon Department of Human Services under OAR 411, Division 57.
11 An EMSP is an individual licensed under ORS 682.216 and OAR 333, Division 265.
12 Includes fire and law enforcement.
13 As defined in ORS 410-180-0305. For more information about Traditional Health Workers, see https://www.oregon.gov/oha/OEI/Pages/About-Traditional-Health-Workers.aspx