Recyclables can be placed in your tan cart for collection. When an item’s useful life is completed, it is important to recycle. Recycling turns the materials from that item into something new, and reduces the need to generate new materials. Recycling helps conserve valuable resources and reduces the greenhouse gas footprint and climate change impacts of materials.
Recycle Right! Use this guide to choose which items to recycle. All items must be empty, clean, and dry!
Contamination is a major issue, and prevents some items from being recycled properly. Be sure to place only acceptable items in the tan cart. Please leave out glass, bags and film, and anything with food waste. More information on contamination can be found here.
Community Recycling Depots:
- 28972 Coffin Butte Road, Corvallis, OR 97330
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm
- (541) 745-5792
- 110 NE Walnut Blvd., Corvallis, OR 97330
- Center is on the east end. Enter from Belvue St., either from Walnut Blvd. or Circle Dr.
- Hours: Everday, 7:00am-7:00pm
- Closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- South Store1007 SE 3rd St., Corvallis, OR 97333
Community Recycling Events:
Special Item Recycling:
|Bulk Items||Mattresses, furniture, appliances. To schedule a pickup and get a price from Republic Services, call 541.754.0444|
|Clean Plastic bags||Reuse or recycle at your local grocery store|
|Foam blocks and Packing Peanuts||Take to mail store for reuse or recycle at First Alternate Co-op (fee applies)|
|Donate, and some organizations accept unusable clothing.|
|Simplify your work with a large container. Call Republic Services at 541.754.0444 for pricing.|
|Metal appliances||Fee for special pickup. Call Republic Services at 541.754.0444.|
|Motor Oil & Cooking Oil||Residents may recycle at the Recycle Depot located on Belvue between Circle & Walnut.|
|CFL Light Bulbs (Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs)||
Residents may recycle at the Recycle Depot located on Belvue between Circle & Walnut.
- Become a Master Recycler – Linn Benton Master Recycler Class
- Paint Recycling – PaintCare Program Drop-Off Locations
- Electronics Recycling – Free E-Waste Recycling available throughout Benton County at these locations
- BottleDrop – You can return recyclable bottles and cans to local BottleDrop Locations
- Packing Peanuts & Packing Materials – Recycle at local mailing centers. Call ahead and ask if packing peanuts and materials are accepted!
- Car Donation and Recycling – Call donation and recycling organizations to check if they accept vehicles
- City of Corvallis - Recycling
- City of Albany - Sustainability
- City of Philomath - Solid Waste and Recycling Services