Public Education & Outreach (Control Measure 1)
Since 2007 Benton County staff has led and/or participated in various local and regional events to share information about stormwater, water quality, and the Benton County Stormwater Program. JOIN US!
Multiple County divisions and departments are working to make our community more aware of the importance of stormwater quality and Best Management Practices. We accomplish this by:
- Providing information about stormwater quality and watershed health (See our Resources page)
- Consultations with building permit applicants, contractors, and regulatory agencies to educate and raise awareness
- Our Stormwater Story Map which details our stormwater quality efforts and the environmental effects of water pollution
These combined efforts are working together to improve awareness and encourage positive impacts to improve stormwater and water quality in Benton County.
Learn what you can do to help!
Take a look at these informational flyers to learn more about our Stormwater Program and the steps you can take to keep our water bodies free of pollution:
- FLYER Clean Water is Happy Water!
- FLYER Are You Prepared for Stormwater?
- FLYER Stormwater Fall and Winter Tips
- WEBSITE Corvallis Transit – reduce toxic stormwater runoff, ride the bus!
- WEBSITE City of Corvallis Stormwater Program
- RESOURCE Hazardous Waste Management
The majority of stormwater regulations are enforced County-wide. The NPDES permit regulations are enforced by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (OR DEQ) within specific boundaries:
Learn more, get involved and participate! Visit our Resources page for more information on what you can do to keep Benton County Water Resources clean!