Materials Management Document Library
- Reports include information submitted to Benton County by the disposal site franchisee, which is required to submit annual reports with information about disposal site operations and capacity.
Coffin Butte Landfill Site Development Plan (2021)
As a requirement of Benton County's Franchise Agreement with Coffin Butte Landfill, Benton County receives copies of reports and other public information relative to the operation of Coffin Butte Landfill, including reports required by state and federal agencies for permit compliance. Detailed questions about these documents or associated permit requirements should be directed to the appropriate corresponding regulatory jurisdiction (Oregon DEQ, Metro, City of Corvallis, City of Salem) or Republic Services.
Other Disposal Site Data and Resources
- Landfill Gas Emissions:
- Landfill Methane Emissions Reduction - New Oregon rules for regulating landfill gas emissions with more rigorous requirements.
- OAR Chapter 340 Division 216: Air Contaminant Discharge Permits
- DEQ Air Quality Permit Data for Coffin Butte Landfill
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reported to DEQ - Including Greenhouse Gas Emissions From Facilities Holding Air Quality Permits.
- EPA Landfill Methane Outreach Program (LMOP) Project and Landfill Data by State
- EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data for Coffin Butte Landfill
- Active Permitted Solid Waste Facilities in Oregon (DEQ)
- 2021 Coffin Butte Landfill Land Use File LU-21-047
- History of Coffin Butte Landfill Land Use Decisions
- Prior Land Use Application Files and Additional Materials (Link Expires 11/17)
- Password: BentonCounty1!
- Reports are provided voluntarily to Benton County by the solid waste collection franchisee (since 2005), and include information about trash, recycling, and organics services provided in Benton County, and the franchisee's operations.
- Solid Waste Collection Franchise Agreement (2022)
- Solid Waste Collection Franchise Renewal Board Order #D2022-044
Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) provides an annual Material Recovery and Waste Generation Summary, which includes information about Benton County's waste recovery (recycling) rates, materials recovered, and some data on waste generation within the county.
- Benton County Wasteshed Waste Recovery Plan Update (2011)
- Benton County Wasteshed Waste Recovery Plan for 2005-2009 (2002)
- Community Wildfire Protection Plan (2016)
- Regional Debris Management Plan - Region 1 (2008)
- 2040 Thriving Communities Initiative
- Benton County Climate Action Plan (2018)
- What is Materials Management?
- Materials Management in Oregon 2020 Framework for Action
- Materials Management in Oregon 2050 Vision and Framework for Action (2012)
- Oregon’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions through 2015: An assessment of Oregon’s sector-based and consumption-based greenhouse gas emissions (May 2018)
- Strategic Plan for Reuse, Repair, and Extending the Lifespan of Products in Oregon (December 2016)
- Oregon Wasted Food Study: Institutional and Commercial Sector Case Studies (DEQ, 2019)
- Evaluation of Climate, Energy, and Soils Impacts of Selected Food Discards Management Systems (DEQ, 2014)
- Oregon Wasted Food Study: Oregon Households (DEQ, 2019)
- Oregon DEQ Strategic Plan for Preventing the Wasting of Food (March, 2017)
- Life Cycle Assessment of Edible Food Rescue (DEQ, 2019)
- Construction and Demolition:
- The Significance of Environmental Attributes as Indicators of the Life Cycle Environmental Impacts of Packaging and Food Service Ware (DEQ, 2018)
- Life Cycle Inventory of Packaging Options for Shipment of Retail Mail-Order Soft Goods (2004)
- Life Cycle Assessment of Drinking Water Systems: Bottle Water, Tap Water, and Home/Office Delivery Water (2009)
- Waste Composition Study
- Plastic Pollution and Recycling Modernization Act
- Life Cycle Analysis of Mattress Recycling in California Final Study Report (2022)
- Deschutes County Solid Waste Management Plan (2019)
- Lane County Solid Waste Management Plan (2019)
- Lincoln County Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan (2004)
- Marion County
- Tillamook County Comprehensive Materials and Solid Waste Management Plan (2012)
- Chemeketa Region Solid Waste Management Program (1974)
- WCSI Solid Waste Management Plan (1977)
- Created by Waste Control Systems, Inc. (Coffin Butte Landfill), as part of a 1975 landfill CUP condition of approval. This plan is specific to the disposal site at the time, and is not relevant to the County’s current materials management operations.
- Benton County & Valley Landfills MOU Relating to Land Use Issues (2002)
- Benton County & Republic Services MOU Relating to Additional Tonnage (2016)