Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Community Development Home
View the full size monthly Building Permitting Dashboard here.
For information on the Benton County Solid Waste Assessment Final Report by Oregon Consensus, please click here.
The Benton County Community Development Department includes the Building Division, Planning Division, and Solid Waste Program.
Benton County Community Development is pleased to provide a full suite of development services to guide customers through the process of submitting land use applications and building permits. We accept payment from credit or debit cards. Most services are available remotely - we encourage customers to contact us via phone, email, and online when possible.
Questions? Please email us or call for more information.
- Planning email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building email email@example.com
- Phone 541-766-6819
The Kalapuya Building is open weekdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please call 541-766-6819 with questions or to schedule an appointment for staff assistance.
Drop-in customers will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis, and in accordance with staff availability, from 9:00AM - 1:00PM weekdays.
Staff will prioritize customers with a scheduled appointment.
Thank you for helping us continue to provide a high level of customer service!
Benton County Community Development Team
Starting August 1, 2022 we will no longer be accepting emailed or mailed land use applications. You will need to make an appointment to submit an application in-person.
Land Use Compatibility Statements (LUCS) can still be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Land Use applications and requests for research will need to be submitted in-person.
Building and miscellaneous permits
For the following application types please see our permits and process page for more information on how to submit and application forms:
- Agricultural Exempt Permit Applications
- Demolition Permit Applications
- Change of Use Permit Applications
- Manufactured Home Placement Permit Applications
- Single Family Dwelling Permit Applications
- Structural Permit Applications
- Road Approach Permits
- Septic Permits
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Permits (if you are a licensed contractor please apply via Oregon Epermitting)
HOURS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Building Permit Counter:
By Phone or Email: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. For questions or online permit submittal please call 541-766-6819 and ask to speak with a Permit Technician or email email@example.com for permit related questions.
In-Person: We are encouraging contact by phone or electronic communication for all customers who can avoid an in-person visit, but are alternatively offering in-person meetings by appointment only. Please schedule ahead by calling 541-766-6819 and ask to speak with a Permit Technician or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Permit Submittal (Licensed Contractors Only): Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing permits that do not require plan review can be applied for by licensed contractors 24/7 online using Oregon ePermitting.
By Phone or Email: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm*. For questions or land use application submittal please call 541-766-6819 and asking to speak with a Planner or email email@example.com. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for a return call when you leave a voicemail. Your call is important to us and we will respond as soon as we can, but your request may require research first. Thank you for your patience.
In-Person: We are encouraging contact by phone or electronic communication for all customers who can avoid an in-person visit, but are alternatively offering in-person meetings by appointment only. Please schedule ahead by calling 541-766-6819 and ask to speak with a Planner or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are working with a particular planner on an application or have flood plain questions (Toby Lewis), please call ahead and make an appointment with them at 541-766-6819.
*These are usual open counter times but they can change depending on when the weekly staff meetings are scheduled. You are welcome to call ahead at 541-766-6819 to check if the counter is open.
Counters Are Closed During these Holidays:
We are closed the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr., President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and December 23 & 24th