A MINIMUM OF 24 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE MUST BE GIVEN FOR INSPECTION REQUESTS.
BUILDING PERMITS ARE VALID FOR 180 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUANCE
Note: Due to the size of the county, a limited number of inspectors, and the varied locations of inspections requested each day, we can only offer morning and afternoon general timeframes for inspections. We apologize in advance for not being able to provide you with a specific time that your inspection will be performed.
Have the following information ready when you call for an inspection:
- The 12-digit "IVR number" provided on your Issued Permit under "Description of Work"
- Your Name and Phone Number
- Job Site Address
- Any special directions to site (if needed)
- Specify Type of Inspection
- Date and Day the inspection is requested (Please call the day before you would like to have your inspection performed. Same day inspections can be scheduled, if requested prior to 7:00 A.M.).
Permit Holder’s Responsibilities at time of inspection:
- Ensure that work to be inspected is complete and ready at time of inspection.
- Provide access to the area to be inspected.
- Ensure that the County approved plans are available to the inspector.
Unable to request to schedule an inspection via ePermitting? Please review building permit for property IVR number and the expiration date of the permit. If the permit is expired, please provide a written request to our office regarding information on reinstatement.
Typical inspections required prior to occupancy/use of the improvements that are the subject of the permit:
- Driveway/Road Approach Inspection
- Final Inspection
- Foundation Inspection
- Framing Inspection
- Rough Wire Inspection
- Service Inspection
- Under floor/slab Inspection