Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Sheriff’s Office recognizes distinguished service at annual event
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office recently held its annual Awards Event to recognize members for their meritorious service.
“All of our deputies and civilian employees do an exceptional job for Benton County residents,” stated Sheriff Scott Jackson, “It’s difficult to single out any one individual so we host an annual event to recognize all of our employees and call out a few specific honors.”
This year, Sergeant Toby Bottorff, Corporal Al Schermerhorn, Deputy Daniel Ball, and Marine Deputy Christian Sandoval were recognized with the Life Saving Award for a water rescue that took place on the Willamette River on April 28, 2018. At that time, a male with a history of significant mental illness and known history of resisting arrest, entered the river and started swimming. Recognizing the danger to the individual, the deputies quickly launched the marine boat, rescued the individual, and got him transported to the hospital for a mental health evaluation.
Distinguished Service Medals were awarded to Deputy Justin Bowers, Deputy Carl Gerig, Deputy Joshua Gordon, and Deputy Nick Miller for their meritorious service to the public.
Dawn Dale, Business Analyst, was awarded the Sheriff’s Office Employee of the Year. Additionally, each division within the Sheriff’s Office honored employees with the Division Employee of the Year award:
- Deputy Kyle Resnik, Corrections;
- Deputy Doug Seirup, Law Enforcement;
- Sergeant Abe Griswold, Parole & Probation; and,
- Katy Kuhnert, Support Services.
Several volunteers were recognized for their exceptional support of the Sheriff’s Office:
- Randal Tugwell, Reserve Deputy of the Year;
- Howard Friedman, Auxiliary Volunteer of the Year; and,
- Gary Walker, Emergency Services/CERT Volunteer of the Year.
The many Search and Rescue volunteers who provide service to the community were recognized in an earlier ceremony this spring.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow