Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Free Linn Benton Salmon Watch Trainings available
Imagine sharing the wonder of salmon migration with children as they witness the final stage of salmon’s epic journey for the first time. Visualize the look on a student’s face as an osprey swoops down and snatches a fish from the river before their very eyes. Relive the time you spent exploring streams as a kid as you guide youth through the process of collecting nymphs, snails, and crawdads. These moments are yours to experience when you sign up as a Salmon Watch volunteer. Field trips are scheduled to align with the salmon life cycle: September-early October field trips are held in Sweet Home and mid-October-early November field trips are held in Alsea.
Sign up for one of a Volunteer Training
Linn Benton Salmon Watch invites you to attend a free training specially designed to prepare volunteers for field trips. You’ll learn how to teach watershed topics and get ready to work with kids outside. A fish biologist will describe the salmon life cycle and you will get to practice two of these three lessons: 1) water quality, 2) riparian ecology, and 3) macroinvertebrate sampling.
Each volunteer will receive a packet including Salmon Watch curriculum and tips for teaching youth. Refreshments will be provided!
Get hands-on with the station activities at one of the volunteer trainings listed below.
August 23, 12-4pm at the Old Mill Center, Corvallis
September 7, 9am-1pm at Albany Senior Center, Albany
September 29, 9am-1pm at Clemens Park, Alsea
Visit this webpage to sign up for a training: www.lbsw.org/volunteer/.
Sign up for a Field Trip!
Salmon Watch is fueled by the power of volunteers and we need Spanish speaking volunteers to run the bilingual trips for our local immersion students! The dates are set for four Spanish-language Salmon Watch field trips this fall.
October 2, 10am-1pm, Wiley Park in Sweet Home with South Shore Elementary
October 3, 10am-1pm, Wiley Park in Sweet Home with South Shore Elementary
October 9, 9:30am-1:30pm, Clemens Park in Alsea with Garfield Elementary
November 8, 9:30am-1:30pm, Clemens Park in Alsea with Lincoln Elementary
Visit this webpage to sign up for both English and Spanish language field trips: www.lbsw.org/volunteer/.
Linn Benton Salmon Watch Steering Committee includes representatives from Benton Soil & Water Conservation District, Calapooia Watersehd Council, Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife, Siuslaw National Forest, and several volunteers. We’ll see you at the river’s edge.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow