Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Forestland Classification & Review Committee
The Benton County Forestland Classification Committee (BCFCC) had its first meeting in May of 2008. The first several meetings were spent establishing its bylaws (PDF), determining how the BCFCC would conduct its business, learning about the task that they were charged with, and clarifying a protocol for implementation.
Once this was done, the BCFCC began meeting to make draft classification determinations on all Benton County lands within the Protection District. The Committee is working systematically to make and record the draft determination across each Township and Section.
The BCFCC meetings are open to the public. Notices are posted in the Corvallis Gazette-Times Newspaper, and at ODF, Benton County Assessors Office, and Benton County OSU-Extension Service offices.
There will also be meetings to update the public and collect public comment on the draft determinations and process used for classifying forestlands. Following the public meetings, a hearing, and written order will be submitted to the Benton County Clerk, and the results of the classification review will be passed on to the Benton County Assessor's Office, where they will implement the changes to the tax rolls.
As with other assessment decisions, forestland determinations will be subject to appeal by property owners.
|BCFCC Committee Members|
|Jim Wernz - Chair||Benton County Landowner|
|Ted Erdmann - Secretary||Oregon Department of Forestry|
|Jennifer Beathe||Benton County Landowner (Starker Forests)|
|Brad Withrow-Robinson||Benton County OSU Extension Service|
|Chuck Harris||Oregon State Fire Marshal (Adair RFPD)|
|Pat Malone||Benton County Landowner|
|Department of Forestry Contacts|
|Oregon Department of Forestry||West Oregon District Headquarters
Oregon Department of Forestry
24533 Alsea Hwy
Philomath, OR 97370
541-929-3266 – Front Desk
541-929-5549 – Fax