"Benton County Talks Trash" Solid Waste Process Workgroup's scheduled to offer landfill/neighborhood tours
Thursday, September 22, 2022
The Benton County Talks Trash Solid Waste Process Workgroup is offering the following tours:
Coffin Butte Landfill Tour, hosted by Republic Services
- September 24, 2022 (Saturday)
- Meet at Republic Services office, 110 NE Walnut Blvd., Corvallis
- Bus will leave promptly at 10 a.m., and will return at approximately 12 p.m.
- Participants will receive PPE (hard hat, high visibility vest, protective eyeglasses)
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Please send an RSVP to Benton County via email at email@example.com by Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Neighborhood Tour, hosted by Benton County
October 1, 2022 (Saturday)
- Meet Meet at Adair County Park (off of Arnold Ave., go to north end of park by softball fields).
- Transportation will leave promptly at 10 a.m., an will return at approximately 12:15 p.m.
- Please send an RSVP to Benton County via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Further tour details will be updated on the workgroup webpage.
The workgroup officially kicked off Sept. 8 and is tasked with five charges to be accomplished with twice-weekly meetings through Dec. 15.
The five charges include developing common understanding, clarifying the land use review process for landfill expansion, scoping tasks for a longterm-sustainable materials management plan, providing input for topics raised in the Assessment Report for the workgroup, and creating a public-facing document and community education campaign.
The public is encouraged to attend the Solid Waste Process Workgroup meetings. Please see the following information for the next workgroup meeting:
Oct. 6, 2022 (Thursday)
- Benton County Kalapuya Building, 4500 SW Research Way Corvallis, OR 97333
- Zoom Meeting Link; Meeting ID: 815 4343 1547 Phone: (253) 215-8782
- 9/15/22 BCTT Meeting Draft Minutes
- 9/15/22 BCTT Meeting Video
All meetings are open to the public with opportunities for public input. Please send written comments to BentonCountyTalksTrash@co.benton.or.us at least 48 hours before the meeting to be included in the meeting packet. The public may also provide verbal comments during the meetings either in-person or virtually during designated public comment periods.
Benton County is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring and employment practices. This document is available in alternative formats and languages upon request. Please call Cory Grogan at 541-745-4468 or email email@example.com.