Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Benton County asks public to "talk trash" and the future of solid waste
Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Hello Benton County community members,
The Benton County Board of Commissioners is inviting community members to “talk trash” and learn more about the future of sustainable materials management, solid waste, and disposal in Benton County.
Community members have already dedicated thousands of volunteer hours to the County’s Solid Waste Process Workgroup to build common understandings and provide recommendations to Benton County Commissioners for a constructive path forward relating to sustainable materials management and solid waste disposal, including at the Coffin Butte regional landfill.
Solid waste management affects Benton County, the mid-Willamette Valley, and beyond – the County wants to hear from as many community members as possible during this important process. The Workgroup has developed draft findings and recommendations, and now the community can weigh in about topics that affect landfill size, capacity, and longevity, as well as the contents of a proposed Sustainable Materials Management Plan (SMMP), prior land use Conditions of Approval, and community education and outreach.
“Transparency and openness have been the key to this effort, and we are continuing to engage with community members who have diverse perspectives in addition to key stakeholders, Republic Services, adjacent counties, and the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality,” said Benton County Commissioner Pat Malone. “It is important for Benton County to work with the broader community on a long-term strategy for solid waste and disposal.”
Benton County is seeking feedback from the community:
March 16 and 23: Extended public comment periods at the Workgroup meetings
- Meeting #9: March 16, 2023 (Thursday), 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Meeting #10: March 23, 2023 (Thursday), 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
UPDATED: March 16-31: Public survey to provide feedback on the draft recommendations
- Take the survey and provide feedback on workgroup recommendations. *The survey has been extended through Friday, March 31 at 12:00 PST.
April 3: Final Workgroup report will be available online on the Solid Waste Process Workgroup webpage.
April 4: In-person Community Open House
- 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., 4500 Research Way, Corvallis 97333, RSVP to email@example.com
April 11 – May 26: Additional public comment period opens Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Workgroup’s Final Report will be available online on the Benton County Board of Commissioners home page.
For more information, or to RSVP for the in-person Open House to be held on April 4, please email email@example.com.
Benton County is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring and employment practices. This document is available in alternative formats and languages upon request. Please contact Cory Grogan at 541-745-4468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.