Department of Assessment
Our office is open to the public by appointment only with limited staffing. You must follow these conditions to enter:
* If you are showing COVID-19 like symptoms, do not come into this facility.
* Wearing of masks by the Public is required when entering this building.
* Please maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
* Be prepared to give information for contact tracing, name, telephone number and/or email address.
Please contact us during business hours to schedule an appointment: 541-766-6855.
What Is The Assessment Department Responsible For?
- Assess all properties in Benton county as of January 1, of each year. Did a Benton County Appraiser visit you?
- Administer special programs such as special assessments, senior deferral, veteran and active duty military exemptions, enterprise zones, and various other property tax exemptions.
- Property information and ownership.
- Review taxing district budgets, compute tax rates for districts and assures that distribution of the tax levies are uniform.
Understanding Measure 50 And Your Taxable Value:
Above video courtesy of Deschutes County, Oregon
What do Property Taxes Pay For?